CBD Q&A: The Truth About CBD Oil
Like you, we had many questions when we were first introduced to CBD. Hopefully our research and experience will help answer some of your questions like, what is CBD oil? Does it work? Is CBD legal?
What is CBD Oil?
CBD, or cannabidiol, is one of over 200 cannabinoids that can be found in the Sativa plant, a.k.a hemp. The hemp plant has been used for thousands of years dating back to ancient Chinese civilizations who documented using hemp seeds for pain relief, constipation, malaria, and much more. CBD has no psychoactive properties and little to no side effects which makes it an amazing alternative to pharmaceutical pills or other, more expensive treatments. With the growing popularity and availability of CBD, more and more scientific studies are available that prove the extraordinary qualities of this amazing chemical compound that nature has provided.
Does CBD work?
There are hundreds of clinical studies that can be found online evidencing the viability of CBD for the treatment of a plethora of medical concerns. Check out this link, where you can find over 512 pages of different studies pertaining to CBD. Here are just a handful of the major clinically proven benefits of CBD oil:
- Pain relief
- Better Sleep
- Improved heart health
- Relieves joint swelling
- Reduces depression
- Reduces PMS symptoms
- Prevents growth of and eliminates cancer and tumor cells
- Reduces diabetes development
- Reduces effects of arthritis and multiple sclerosis
- Reduces neuroinflammation (reducing effects of Alzheimer’s)
- Neuroprotective and anti-seizure properties
- Builds immune system
- Reduces acne and aging of skin
- Improves digestion
- Enhanced appetite
- Helps treat IBF
It almost seems too good to be true, all of these benefits with no side effects? Yes, it’s all natural and it’s the real deal. Like you, we were huge skeptics until we tried CBD for ourselves. However, it wasn’t until we were able to see other people’s experiences with CBD and how it changed their lives that caused us to become true believers. I (Danny) have both of my ACL’s replaced, have broken multiple bones in my body including my right femur, and am responsible for a lot of yard work. This stuff works! I’m about to be 30 years old, I don’t really experience chronic pain but constant joint pain, especially when I exert myself.
Is there proof that CBD actually works?
I wanted to share the experience I had with three people close to me that allowed me to really open my eyes to how wonderful this natural supplement can be for us. We’ll call them friends for all intensive purposes.
- The first experience was with a friend that I was introduced to in high school. At the time he was a little more on the straight and narrow than myself. He never smoked pot, drank very little, exercised a ton and is very well educated. We would spend a ton of time wakeboarding, snowboarding, hiking, and mountain biking together. When I told him that we were starting a CBD brand for athletes such as ourselves I assumed he would skauf. Much to my surprise he told me that recently he had actually started using CBD for headaches, and with just two applications a week he was able to stop taking over the counter pills for the headaches altogether! I was shocked to say the least.
- Another experience was with a friend who is very close to me who suffers from severe anxiety, shows symptoms of schizophrenia, and has a history of mental breakdowns. Doctors have placed him on a heavy regiment of prescription medication. We introduced him to our all natural honey packets to see if it might help reduce some of his stress. Not only was he able to lower his dosage of prescription medication, eliminating all of the negative side effects that came with it, but what really struck me is when he looked me in the eyes and said “I can’t thank you enough, this stuff really works.”
- The third instance that really opened my eyes to the benefits of CBD was when a friend flew in from out of town and stayed with us. His rotator cuff and entire shoulder joint is so messed up from sports injuries over the years that the pain was literally preventing him from sleeping – he claimed to have gotten only around 3 hours of sleep per night. At that point we only had samples to take pictures for our website, but knew it would help him. I knew it was the real deal when the first thing next morning, he exclaimed that he didn’t remember the last time he slept for that many consecutive hours pain-free and was ecstatic. Needless to say, we sent him home with a few samples.
Don’t take our word for it, we recommend you try it for yourself. Shop our bestsellers here.
The Question everyone asks: Is CBD Legal?
This is a two-parter: CBD derived from mature hemp stock grown according to industrial hemp farming regulations is federally legal in all 50 states. The hemp stock has high concentrations of CBD but lower concentrations of other cannabinoids such as THC. CBD derived from marijuana plants may not be legal in your state. Rest assured, all of our CBD is derived from mature hemp stock grown in accordance with industrial hemp farming regulations and contains 0% THC.
Due to recent DFA approval of the drug to treat epilepsy “Epidolex”, the DEA has chosen to not classify any form of CBD as a “controlled substance”. Read the FDA announcement here.
Thanks for reading! Stay tuned for more news and info from the LiveWell Brands family.